Awesome Cleaners Wanted
Cleaner Job Duties and Responsibilities:
The Cleaners are required to undertake the following duties as directed by the Supervising Officer, using the prescribed methods and frequencies in line with the requirements of the cleaning specification.
- Emptying waste bins or similar receptacles, transporting waste material to designated collection points.
- Sweeping floors with brushes or dust control mops.
- Mopping floors with wet or damp mops.
- Suction cleaning carpeted areas and “spot” cleaning carpets.
- Using electrically powered scrubbing and polishing machines to burnish, scrub, polish and spray clean floors (after receiving proper instruction and training).
- Using electrically powered pick up machines.
- To dust, damp wipe, wash or polish furniture, ledges, window sills, external surfaces of cupboards, radiators, shelves and fitments.
- To replenish consumable items (soap, toilet rolls, paper towels) if required within the contract.
- To clean toilets, urinals, hand basins, sinks, baths, showers and drinking fountains.
- The use of chemical agents as directed by the Supervising Officer in the discharge of cleaning operations or maintenance procedures, after receiving proper instructions and training.
- To undertake wall washing or inside window pane cleaning to a height no greater than body height plus an arm’s extension from floor level, during periodic cleaning maintenance programmes.
- Cleaners employed in domestic science areas are required to clean cookers and work surface areas.
- To carry out any other reasonable duties within the overall function of the job.
Qualifications for Cleaner Job
- At least 1 years’ experience working in a busy environment.
- Must have completed K.C.S.E. education.
- Possess good communication skills.
- Be self-motivated and hardworking.
- Have a Certificate of Good Conduct
- Have an National Identity Card
- Supply at least 2-references
To submit an application: Send your CV and Cover Letter explaining why you are qualified and how this position will help you achieve your career goals. Send to firstname.lastname@example.org. As the subject line of your email, please make sure to include your Your Full Name & Phone Number in the message body. If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through.
Deadline for receiving applications: 3rd December, 2016